The performance of the mechanical seal material is an important factor in ensuring the effective sealing of the machine. The material selection of mechanical seal is mainly based on the mechanical seal components of the working environment, such as temperature, working pressure, working medium and working mode. The basic requirements for mechanical sealing materials are as follows:
1. A certain mechanical properties, such as tensile strength, elongation;
2. Appropriate elasticity and hardness, small compression permanent deformation;
3. High and low temperature resistance, no decomposition and softening in high temperature, no hardened in low temperature;
4. Compatible with the working medium, no swelling, decomposition and hardening;
5. Good oxygen resistance and aging resistance, durable;
6. Abrasion resistance, no corrosion to the metals;
7. Easy to shape processing, low price.